Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: K-Mart Processing Services, K40

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Andrew Kempees's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got back from my Local K-Mart in Walnutport PA (Due north of Allentown) , and much to my suprise they offer processing on Super8, 8mm & 16mm film, But only K40. I did ask the clerk who did assure me that infact that was current information & not just an old price list . They did not list a price. Has anybody had any luck with them ? Now if we could just get them to carry the film again.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never used Wal-Mart processing. Since I live at least 10 miles from a Wal-Mart, it is easier for me to just buy pre-paid mailers directly from Kodak.

    From what I've heard from other people, the customer service is variable depending on the hands your film falls into. Some of 'em deny right and left that they handle Super-8, some of 'em think the film is for transfer to video instead of processing, with the result it gets bounced back to you. More than a few don't have any idea what Super-8 is and will look at you like you're from Mars. On the other hand, some of 'em will handle it flawlessly and you'll be very happy. I've heard that you need to educate the people in the store at times.

    The quality of the processing is exactly what you get by any other method, since all North American K-40 goes to Dwayne's in Kansas (Or at least I think so, Kodak and Dwayne's neither confirm nor deny!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •